I was randomly given something called a Liebster award for blogging, so for today’s post you will find out some fun facts about the girl behind the blog (me!..well duh, you are saying 🙂 ) While this post is a bit long, I hope you will find getting to know me better interesting.
Have you heard about the Liebster Award? I had heard it in passing, but thought it was a weird name and didn’t know what on earth it was. It turns out it’s an award bloggers give to one another to help spread word of newer or little known blogs. To get one means the person who gave it to you appreciates the work you do. So, I especially want to thank Tonya at Nearly Missed It for nominating me. It means a lot when anyone appreciates the stuff I do, because I put a lot of work, heart and soul in to my website!
What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Each award comes with instructions that vary somewhat. My instructions are as follows:
- List 5 facts about yourself
- Answer 5 questions given to you from your nominator
- Create 5 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award
- Choose 5 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate
- Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
So here goes! First 5 facts about me:
- My birthday is Feb. 27, and before I got this Liebster thingy, I was planning on writing a post for that day to tell my readers a little bit more about myself. So if you end up reading two posts this month about the girl behind “We Live Inspired”, you will know why 😉
- I haven’t had caffeine (other than what’s in chocolate) for like 15 years! I used to love coffee and cappuccino in high school, but my heart tends to naturally beat fast and have little arrhythmias , so I just decided to cut it out years ago. Instead I am an avid herbal tea drinker! (oh & I love hot cocoa in winter)
- I modeled Christmas Dresses for JC Penny’s as a child. This was when I lived in a larger area where they had a live event at the mall. My payment was that I got to keep the dress I picked to model (It was made with black velvet and a red satin sash). I even had to come out on a stage and do some dorky dancing routine with the other girls , as we modeled the dresses and I STILL have the funny tape. I didn’t seek the gig out. Some “scout” or whatever you call them, came in to my ballet class and they chose some girls to model. I was in the third grade, and yes I did have fun doing it 🙂
- After doing the dress show, that same ballet instructor (whose name was Connie from Connie’s school of dance) had modeling classes in the summer that I took. I also have a dorky (but cute) tape of me walking with books on my head, striking poses to songs from the Top Gun Soundtrack (80’s child here lol), and practicing tv commercials. There is a funny blooper of me choking on some Dole pineapple juice on said tape. What is funny is the context in which I “choked”. So I had to do several takes, and I would start out by saying “Dole pineapple juice is here..pouring 100% pure, blah blah.. So then at the end I am supposed to pour some pineapple juice in to a glass , take a sip, and then say my last line. So I say , “Catch a glassful… , then I take a sip…. Well..pineapple juice is pretty tart for a kid, and I swallowed the juice the wrong way, and on this tape I end up like choking on it, but try to recover and go on. It ends up coming out like a cough, a head shake , and then I stick out my tongue (which looks like I am saying ICK!!!!) ,finishing up my line ” And see why morning will never taste the same.” Can you see the irony LOL
- I was a Brownie Girl Scout. My mom was our troop leader. I loved girl scouts, but we moved a lot when I was a kid and it got harder to find good troops the more we moved. I think my last year doing girl scouts was the 5th grade.
- Why do you blog? Do you ever feel the words inside of you just need to get out? (I know I cheated and made that two questions!) I blog for so many reasons ..how can I keep this answer short! I blog because I decided to revisit a childhood dream of becoming a writer & an artist and I decided it was time to try to make a long buried dream a reality. I blog because I have a wide variety of interests and a lot of random knowledge. Friends/people I meet ask me questions on how I do this or that, can I show them how to knit, can I share a recipe, save money,etc. I had a need to make a place to get all of this random knowledge out there! I blog because I like helping people and I hope to inspire or touch You in some way or another. I blog to share stories that need to be shared (like the feral cat colony I write about, and other charitable things I want to reach out with more in the future). I also blog to not only inspire the reader, but to keep myself on the path of seeking light, and living inspired when times get tough (it keeps me accountable-like being my own life coach). And yes, I do feel the words just need to get out! That is a big reason why I blog. It’s a way for me to fulfill what I think is part of my life’s purpose, while chasing my dreams, connecting with people, and hopefully somehow making a difference in the world. You never know what can happen or where it can lead when you become a dream chaser 😀
- Besides writing, what other hobbies do you feel lets your creative side shine? Mostly Painting (any kind of art), but also knitting and playing guitar/singing
- Is there someone in your past you wish you could reconnect with but either can’t find that person or are too afraid to reach out? The art teacher (Carol Holly) I learned to oil paint from when I was about 13. She was a magical , whimsical lady and some of my fondest memories are my after school painting times with her. I have lost touch with her over the years, but I think her business is still around so I could probably reconnect somehow. The other person is my 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Ray. My favorite teacher and the one who got me writing poetry she would be the hardest one to find, but I think she would remember me. It would be interesting if either of these people read my blog, as they both always inspired me to go for my dreams.
- What’s your favorite Starbucks drink order? If you’re not a Starbucks fan, then what’s your favorite dish to order at a nationally recognized restaurant? Or you can answer both! I don’t drink caffeine/coffee -see above 🙂 Not that we have Starbucks or any huge chain restaurant in my small town anyways. So I will give you what I order at nationally recognized fast food chains. The fiance and I like to order Dominos pizza. I always get the American Legends Memphis Barbeque Chicken. My other favorite thing to get is a berry salad at Wendy’s that they carry in the summer. I forget the exact name, but it has grilled chicken , strawberries, blueberries, almonds, and raspberry vinaigrette dressing.
- What is one trait from a parent, relative or guardian that you are glad was passed onto you? This can be physical, emotional, personality, etc. It’s honestly a tie between creativity and serving others. I am blessed to come from a family that has a wide range of creative hobbies/talents and so I have been exposed to all kinds of music, instruments, art, and hobbies my entire life. This has made me who I am. The other thing is that my parents taught me to serve others. From childhood up I was raised to be giving, caring, & compassionate. My parents set an example of acts of service and Mom always took us to spend time with elderly at nursing homes, give to the poor, help with charity causes, etc. for as long as I can remember. It has shaped my life as equally as the creativity, because I am largely inspired by humanitarians and have a heart for people to this day.
- Why did you start your blog and what is the meaning behind your blog name?
- Besides blogging, what do you like to do for fun?
- Name an annoying little habit about yourself or something sort of odd that you do
- If you had to eat the same food for dinner every night , what would it be?
- What is your favorite animal and why?
- Lizzy Grae at Peculiar Treasures.
- Sarah at A Cat-Like Curiosity , Oops! Sarah has a bigger blog, but she Nominated Creative Chaos Art in her place. Check out both ladies!
- Sharon from Standing on Faith and Art Inspires. I follow all of her blogs in one way or another and couldn’t pick which one gets an award. this will count for 2 nominations, leaving me with one more
- Vicki at Discovering My Heart